Scroll down to view our Show Map!

Thursday, August 3, 2023

A Word From Juan

  I have come to the decision that my time with Jupiter Groove has come to an end. For the past 15 odd years, we have created some great musical moments both live and in the studio. We have played with amazing local acts and renowned international acts. We have toured the seas and shared the stage with such top shelf acts like Animals As Leaders, King’s X, Devin Townsend, Scale The Summitt, Tony McAlpine, Thank You Scientist, Haken, Anathema, Felix Martin, Pain Of Salvation, Travis Larson Band, Magic Elf, Spock’s Beard, Transatlantic, and many more. The reasons for my departure are personal.

 I would like to thank, and that with the most generous of hearts, our fans. Those who have been die hard followers from the beginning. 


The local bands whom we played with..those that immediately come to mind are Decoy Beat whom we shared the stage with many a time and so long ago. Auditory Armory..for whom my gratitude can not be expressed to in its fullest context. You guys have been waving our banner for a long time. April and Justice, you two are precious to me. To our West Coast compatriots in the Travis Larson Band. I enjoyed sharing the stage with you all every time you came to the East Coast. Your tremendous talent was a hard act to follow or precede! Thank you for having us. The Dave LaRue Band..we blew up many a venue! No more notes were ever played than on a night our bands hit the stage! 


To the local promoters who booked us at all high risk! Ben Gardner, Clint Pinder and Camden Cruz, you always took a chance with us and I appreciate it! It is hard being an instrumental band. Harder being a rock band doing so. I would venture to say that jazz bands have had a better gigging legacy in the Central Florida area than us or any band like us. 


To Jeff Knauff who recorded us at The Parsonage in Gibsonton and to Sean Shannon for mixing our album. 


To Jess O’ Donnel, merch monger mercenary!!! Your smile and enthusiasm made me feel like a rock star! 


To Prog Palace Radio and WJRR for playing our stuff. 


To Shaver. Our biggest fan without a question. You waved the flag higher and wilder than anyone else. Thank you for the bass..you should see what I did with it! Rest my friend. 


To the venues who would have us… 

The Haven/Conduit 

Shovelhead Lounge 

Will’s Pub 

The Abby 

The Plaza (Shut Up and Play 2013) 

The Bank of Blues 

West End 

Rabbit Ear Records 

Deland City Limits 

Stranded Sailor Pub 

Jacksonville Original Music Festival 

Delandapalooza 

Daytona Beach Main Street Music Festival 

Tanquerays 

Rock Bar 

Holly and Dolly’s 

The Orpheum (Ybor City) 

Progressive Nation at Sea 2014 (Thank u Mike Portnoy!!!) 

Backbooth

There are too many to remember… 


Of course, to my bandmates Ralph and Dan. I hope that you both will continue your musical journeys and remain artistically active. 


Our original drummer, Marty. 


And last, but certainly not least in any way, shape, or form imaginable, my best friend and wife Chris. You have been my biggest fan, my manager, and my shelter when it rains the hardest. You have been on every musical adventure that I dare to embark on and have always guided me in my decisions but never impeded them in any way. Thank you for being part of this chapter in my, our, musical journey. I love you and rarely deserve you.


 It was a great and wild ride.

Juan

``Music is not a young man’s game, it is the impassioned man's sport. ``

No comments:

Post a Comment